Monday, September 2, 2013

Room Reveal {2013} and FREEBIES

I have been done {for the most part} with my room for almost a week and wanted to share it with you earlier, but things got a little busy.
 I had a lot of fun this year recreating all of my décor in bright dots.
My color scheme is black with bright red, blue, yellow, green and orange dots.
I have quite a few pictures to share and some FREEBIES along the way!
I feel I need to let you all know this is my first classroom tour, so I hope it all makes sense.
If you want to take a closer look, just click on the picture.
Hope you enjoy the tour!
View from door looking at the front of the class.

View from the back of the room.
On the left side of the white board is my teacher area, job chart and Daily Schedule. On the right side are my objective charts and my reading focus wall.

Here is a close up of my Job Chart. On the end of the bookcase is my Hot/Cold/Absent headers. You can get those for FREE {here}.
I assign each student a number at the beginning of the year. I use these numbers in a variety of ways. You will notice them on my Job Chart and Hot/Cold/Absent headers. You can get the numbers for FREE {here}.


Behind my teacher area is a cabinet that I have my Behavior Clip Chart on.  I use clips with their numbers for this chart also.
My Behavior Clip Chart can be found in my TPT store {here}.

The corner next to my Reading Focus Wall is my Math area.
In this area I have my calendar, Months of the year display, Birthday display, Numbers 1-20, Shapes and Colors {all which can be found in my TPT store, some are even FREEBIES}.

Behind my math area is my little reading corner. I still need to find some comfy pillows.
Along the wall I have screwed in hooks under the ledge to hang book bags on. I have labeled each hook with numbers so that my little firsties will be able to easily find their hook.

Behind the reading corner is the computer station.
And right behind that is the small group area.
At the kidney table are crate seats that I spray painted last year and lined with colorful scrap book paper.
In the corner is my filing cabinet. I covered the exposed side with butcher paper. I am still on the hunt for black contact paper to cover the drawers with.

View from door looking towards the back small group area with a close up of my chair bags.

Above the windows is my Fabulous Firsties board. I will be displaying the kids pictures from the first day of school here.

Behind the small group area is the Writing station and Books on Tape station.

View from my teacher area looking at the back of my room. {The writing station is in the left corner}.

Closer view of back  counter.
I am thinking these shelves need something. Should I add curtains?

Another view of the back of the room and student cubbies.
My Word Wall is on the cubbies and ready for the first words to be added.

Here is a close up of my table caddies and my table poms.
You can get the table numbers for FREE {here}.
Next to the student cubbies is a little nook where I have created student mailboxes.
I purchased 2 hanging shoe storage units from Wal-Mart.
I hung these from the ceiling and attached them to each other with binder clips.
I labeled each slot with binder clips puffy painted with numbers that coordinate with the chair bag and book bag numbers.

I have 2 bulletin boards outside of my classroom.
The one on the left is the one that will change all year long.
The one on the right will house student work throughout the year.
The Welcome sign on the door is another FREEBIE that you can grab {here}.

Thanks for taking the time to tour my room.

If you found something useful, please leave a comment letting me know.

School doesn't officially start for kids till the 5th, but teachers report back tomorrow.

Good Bye Summer!

I've linked up my classroom reveal with 2 fabulous teachers!

 Tales of a First Grade Teacher
Swimming into Second Grade

Make sure you stop by their blogs to see some other great classroom reveals!

post signature


6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking up with me Veronica. Your room looks Beautiful!! I love your fabulous Firsties board!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR ROOM LOOKS AMAZING! It made perfect sense! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great! I love that Fabulous Firsties board. Thanks for linking up!

    Swimming into Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful room! I love the colors and your use of space!

    Elizabeth
    Seconds at the Beach

    ReplyDelete