Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Snapshots {9/14}

 
It's time to get our Saturday Snapshots on with Miss Nelson!
 
 
Last weekend I had the honor of volunteering at the Cobra Polo Classic with my parents. This event benefits the Ronald McDonald House charities of Spokane.  It's their largest fundraiser of the year.
 
Each seat goes for $250, there is a silent auction and a loud auction.  
 
This was such an amazing event!
 
I tried to sneak out of volunteer village (where I was volunteering) to capture a few shots with my phone. We were asked not to mingle with the guests, so my shots are from a distance.
 
Skydivers kicking off the event.

Each skydiver was holding a banner with a child's name on it.
 

Parade of hats (from far, far away).
There were some pretty fancy ones!
 
Random Polo guy
I don't know how they keep their pants white!
I can not wear white without getting something on it within the first 5 minutes.
 
Some of the guests...
If you squint reeeal hard you can see the feathers on a few of their hats.
Not sure why this picture is so small?
 
More of the guests
 
The beginning of the match...on the other end of the field, of course!
 
I really enjoyed myself and will be volunteering again next year.
But maybe in the cigar and whiskey tent serving hors d'oeuvres so I can 'mingle' with the guests! 
 

post signature

3 comments: