Sunday, September 15, 2013

Budding Blogger!

I am linking up with I {heart} Recess for her linky party: Budding Blog.
This linky showcases bloggers with less than 200 followers.
 
Ummm, that's me!
 
 
Let's get this party started!
 
Here are my answers to Jess' questions...
 
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging this summer after being a blog stalker for a year. I had learned so much and grown as a teacher from stalking, I figured the next best thing to do to keep growing would be to start a blog. I'm so glad I have. I have met some really great people through blogging!
 
2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
Hands down...reading!
I just love to see the sparkle in my firsties eyes when they start 'reading'. The amount of growth that takes place during the year is remarkable and always brings tears to my eyes.
 
3. Describe your teaching style.
I love to have fun and joke around...sometimes too much! I always try and bring a little humor and a lot of fun into everything that we do. My blog tagline sums it up: Where Fun and Learning go Hand in Hand! I'm also VERY organized...everything has it's place.
 
4. Give three interesting facts about you.
1. When I was younger I moved every 2 years and attended 3 different high schools.
2. I have never lived in the same state as any of my extended family members.
3. I lived and attended grades 7-10 in Germany.
(All of the above are because my dad was in the military)
 
5. Do you have a TpT store? If yes, post the link :)
Yes, I started my TPT store soon after launching my blog this summer. All of my products are classroom décor items due to the fact that I changed my color scheme this year and wanted to create my own décor. Stop by and check me out...I have a lot of free items!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love that you are a self proclaimed "Happy go lucky. All around life lover!" What an amazing attitude to bring with you into a classroom! So glad I found your blog through the Budding Blog linky and am your newest follower. Make sure to check out my blog if you get a chance. I'm doing a giveaway this week!
    Melissa Cloud
    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete