Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Oh Boy, it's hot outside!


When the weatherman said it was going to be 99 degrees on Tues I could hardly contain myself! 

You see, I LOVE the heat! The hotter the better! 

It's not very often that it gets that hot here. 

So, what does one do when it's 99 degrees outside? You head to the beach!

That's exactly what myself, my son, his friend, my 2 teaching besties and one of their families did. 

We loaded up the cars and headed for the boat!


Tubing fun!

After spending four five six hours (what teachers do you know that keep track of time during the summer months) we decided to pack up and head home since we were all starting to turn various shades of red and my chest had developed some mysterious bumps all over it.


Did you know red came in so many different shades?

The bumps must of been from the numerous layers of sunscreen and sun tanning oil that I had applied throughout the day because I CANNOT be allergic to the sun!

After docking we had to walk back to the cars. My teaching partner (whom shall remain nameless) at this point had had her fill of the heat. 


Please don't judge the no make up squinty eyed double chin picture...


I offered to go get the car while she waited but she insisted on going because standing still would just make her hotter.

She proceeded to try and cool herself off using any means necessary. (So wish I had gotten a picture of what's to come!)

Once we got to the car and turned the AC on she put her feet up on the dashboard so that the cool air from the air conditioner could blow on her legs. 

When we got back to where everyone was waiting to load the car she took ice out of the cooler and rubbed it on her face, neck and head.  

With a cold bottle of water in hand she got back in the car and began to rub the bottle of water on her arms...neck...face...legs...

At this point I was laughing hysterically! Not sure if I was laughing harder at the noises she was making or by what she was doing.

To me it wasn't that hot but to her she must of felt as though she was on fire!

Oh Boy, It must be hot outside!

What do you do to cool off after a day in the sun?


post signature

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging, Veronica! Your day tubing looks like fun. I'd like to try that sometime. Where I live there's rarely water in the river and it doesn't get hot very often. But the beach and mountains aren't far away if it does get too hot. Hope you keep enjoying the weather!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping by! Hanging in the water looks like such a treat. It was 115 yesterday and I just hid inside with the blinds drawn #callmeashutin. Anyway, welcome to the bloggy world . . . if you need anything, give me a shout.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Welcome to the blogging world!!

    Lindsey
    Lovin’ Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica the tubing looks like sooooooooo much fun!! Nice and relaxing. Your blog is very cute. I'm your newest follower!! :)

    ((HUGS))
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't say I didn't warn you about that sunburn!!! I tried to tell you to put sunscreen on several times but you just gave me that mindyourownbusiness look. What a fun day!!! DANG, it sure was HOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete