OH MY GOSH...I was so shocked to see that Tess at The Teacher and the Frog had nominated me for the Liebster Award! I haven't even been blogging for 2 weeks yet...and I've already been nominated! How exciting is this?!?
Here are my 'rules' for accepting this nomination:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions form your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
These are the blogs I nominated...
1. Emily at Confessions of a 3rd Grade Teacher
2. Desiree at Kinders on the Block
3. Growing a Teacher
4. Alison at Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'
5. Brittney at Teacher Inspired
These are the questions Tess asked me...
1. What advice would you give a first year teacher?
Beg, borrow and steal from everyone. College definitely did not prepare me for what was to come and I relied heavily on more seasoned teachers. Don't be embarrassed to ask for whatever you need. If you see something that you like, ask for it. Most teachers are more than willing to share.
2. What is your favorite book to read aloud to your class?
I have sooo many! But I absolutely love to read the Junie B Jones series. I read them in order and the kids are so hooked that they will check them out from the library or talk their parents into buying them for them. It's so cute to look out during read aloud time and see them following along in their books.
3. Tell me about a memorable student that you taught.
Mia...she was super funny and got my sense of humor. Loved that girl!
4. Tell me about your pets.
I have 2 dogs, Sammie (I call her baby girl) and Murphy (he's affectionately called Murphy boy). They are both rescues and I'm not quite sure what they are. We'll just put them in the cute category!
5. What is the one thing in your classroom you can't live without?
My markers! Gotta make those anchor charts super colorful and cute!
6. What movie title would you pick as your life story?
Stella Got Her Groove Back...LOL!!! That's the first one that popped in my head. Not too sure that it's really my life story though. I don't watch a lot of movies...see random fact #4.
7. What is the last thing you purchased?
Shorts, shorts and more shorts. Getting ready for my vacation to Vegas and Ca on Fri. Can't wait!
8. What is your favorite music?
RB from the 80's...need I say more?
9. If you had to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Spicy chicken wings. Love, love, love!!!
10. Why did you decide to start a blog?
I have been a blog stalker for over a year. I loved seeing and hearing about all of the friendships that had been formed through blogging. So, I decided that it was time to take a front seat and join this elite group of teachers. I'm hoping to form some amazing friendships.
11. What are some of your favorite blogs you follow?
There are so many good ones out there but these are the ones that I first started to follow on a regular basis and they got me thinking that I could start my own blog. A Teeny Tiny Teacher, Erica Bohrer's First Grade, Fun in K/1, The Inspired Apple, The Teacher Wife, and The First Grade Parade
My 11 random facts...
1. I am a single mother to 3 boys (21,15,12)
2. I have a shoe fettish
3. I LOVE my pedi's
4. HGTV and TLC are my favorite channels
5. The smell of freshly cut grass makes me happy
6. I have naturally curly hair...UGH!
7. I have an older brother who's a cop
8. I HAVE to have coffee everyday...not just the regular kind. You know, the kind you have to get in your car and drive to. And when the barista sees your car she has it ready for you when you get to the window. Sad, I know!
9. I have a love/hate relationship with working out
10. I am a military BRAT
11. I attended 3 different high schools because of #10
Questions for my nominees...
1. How long have you been teaching?
2. What is your favorite grade to teach?
3. What is your favorite college memory?
4. What is your favorite grade school memory?
5. Have you lived in more than one state?
6. What is your dream vacation spot?
7. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what would you take?
8. Do you prefer hot or cold weather? Why?
9. If you won the lottery what would be the first thing you would buy?
10. What is your dream car?
11. What is something you never leave home without?
Thanks again for the nomination Tess!