Friday, February 21, 2014

Five for Friday: Oh the Places You'll Go

I've linked up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for...
 
 
 
 I've been messing around with my blog design...again!
 
I've decided not to pay for a design but to create one myself.
I mean, how hard could it be?
 
I've got a bit of research to do but I'm up for this DIY challenge!
 
Stay tuned...
 
 
 Today we kicked off our reading week. This years theme is 'Oh the Places You'll Go...Colleges and Careers'
 
 
All the teachers decorated either their door or a bulletin board with a hot air balloon.
 
I couldn't stop at just ONE bulletin board, I had to do the other to match! Cause I'm all matchy matchy like that!
 
I decided to go all out and have my students Paper Mache mini hot air balloons.
 


 
These were so fun to create!
 
I will be blogging about them in an upcoming post.
 

Whenever there is paint involved in an art project, things are bound to get a little messy.
 
Well, our custodian doesn't like mess!
 
What?!?! I know, right!
 
She was not happy to see the girl's bathroom.
 
 
I really don't think it's that bad, do you?
 
She kept telling me to look and all I could say was 'Yep'!
 
Geesh!
 
Later I found out she cornered my teaching neighbor and was asking her why we have kids use these bathrooms? Why can't we have them all wash their hands in our rooms?
 
 Seriously? Speechless!
 
My teaching partner and I joked that that would be like us walking into our rooms and saying 'Look! All these kids are here! Why are these guys here?'
 


With the kick-off of reading week, the kids dressed up in either college or career clothing...
 
 
I had teachers, vets, sport team members, scientists, a zoo keeper, military personnel and a principal show up for school today! Whoop, Whoop!!!
 
Those that didn't dress up were given name tags to wear with the name of their career so that no one felt left out.
 
 
At the kick-off assembly, Kid President gave us a Pep Talk. He reminded us that we are all AWESOME and we can make things happen!
 
 
I love this little guy!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love your hot air balloons...but you know that! And I can't wait to see what you come up with for your blog design. (P.S. If our custodian only knew how infamous she has become in the blogosphere!?!?) KinderCoaster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog today really made me smile!!! Especially about the custodians and the sink!! LOL I laughed so hard, cause it's so familiar sounding. Ours are always cleaning them in the middle of the morning when they need to go the most. Ugggghhhh.... Anyways, I enjoyed your post!

    Angie
    Monahan Monkey Madness

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying laughing about the custodian. I can just imagine!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete